About That Banner
We used to get shocked when we touched the handles of the fridge and oven at the same time in the house I grew up in. That shouldn't happen in anyone's house, but since my dad is an electrical contractor it seems especially strange. The first few times we told my dad of the problem, he sort of laughed and continued to watch the Simpsons. It wasn't until Katie actually got stuck to the appliances--seriously stuck, my mom yanked her off--that my dad fixed the problem.
I've later heard that this kind of thing (not the shocking, per say) happens to other people. Doctors' kids are often sick, construction workers' kids live in unfinished houses, teachers' kids don't do their homework, psychologists' kids are crazy (I had to do it Jed), and electricians' kids get electrocuted. It seems that when you work at something all day every day, the last thing you want to do is come home and do it some more.
And so, as the wife of a graphic designer/photographer/whatever, I found myself in the same situation with my not-so-super-cool blog. But for the longest time, it was me that said, "NO more designing." Because hanging out with Jed while he is busy on the computer isn't nearly as fun as watching 30 Rock with him. So it sat, un-nurtured, for all this time. Then, when it was mentioned that he might design some others' blogs come January (he MUST paint my basement with me first and we MUST have plenty of time to watch Pee-Wee's Christmas and The Snowman) I started to feel a little neglected.
So, just as my dad saved our lives by grounding our oven, my Jed is saving* my blog from polka-dots. He's pretty awesome. But remember, I did wait 3 1/2 years.
*As in the present tense. We're still working on a few bugs and Jed is mortified that I'd publish this without it being perfect. Maybe he won't read it. Nobody tell him.