Thursday, December 10, 2009

No Title. Must Go to Bed.


Blogging stresses me out. I mean, the writing and posting is fun, and I enjoy it. It does stress me out though. It is funny that I feel this pressure from no one to post something. Here I am at 11 pm, writing a post because nobody told me it has been too long.

What stresses me out even more than posting on my blog, is checking on others' blogs. Lots of people have blogs. Lots of people I know and like have blogs. More people I know and like have blogs than I have time to read. When blogs didn't exist a few years ago, you might run into an old high school friend that you hadn't seen since high school, and you'd talk and catch up. Now, if you run into an old high school friend, you likely know where they live and all of their children's names. And if you don't, you might feel bad that you're not caught up on their blog enough to talk about their latest family vacation.

So I sort of stopped spending a lot of time reading blogs. Not because I don't enjoy them, I do. But--which of 100 blogs should I read? It is overwhelming I swear.

So I joined Facebook instead. I hear it doesn't waste anyone's time at all. Actually I didn't really know I signed up--I was trying to RSVP for an event on someone's facebook page, and by the end, I had a profile. Then I realized I had a profile and stayed on step one--not daring to go farther. I still haven't. I've had a few friend requests though (go ahead and call me a braggart), and I can already tell--the stress is building: too many walls to write on! Help!!

Love, your dear friend (who loves you regardless if I ever get to your blog and leave a comment),

Jayne (who knows if you don't ever read this and/or leave a comment, you probably still like me)

19 comments:

Kim said...

Yea, there is a Santa! :)

Guess what I am making tonight? Buckeyes!

MommyMert said...

You are so cute! :)

sheena said...

If I skip a few days of blogging, my mom will call me and tell me to get to it. really! talk about pressure...and from my own mother.

I finally gave into facebook last year, and must say....it is really easy. And no pressure, because my mom isn't on there.

jed said...

you might think she's kidding when she says she 'stresses' about reading other blogs. she's not.

can't wait to see what the addition of FB is going to do to the mood around here.

ali said...

woo-hoo! you are finally on facebook. now you can hear all about what I eat in a day! I am totally going to "friend" you!

ali said...

jed. i can totally picture the stress that is wracking poor jayner's little brain.

I am not going to feel bad if you don't read my blog, but just so you know I check this one morning, noon and night. no pressure.

Anita Wells said...

add me as a friend! i can't find you on there.
anita

Kimba said...

So I just discovered you via cjane, and just wanted to say I've quite enjoyed flipping through your archives. And your photos! Really beautiful. But! No pressure!!

But I totally know that gotta-update guilt. Where does it come from!?

Kimba said...

PS - can i ask what lens you use?

Lindsey said...

I can't believe you are activating a FB account just as I am de-activating my FB account. Terrible timing! :(

jed said...

(excuse me all, but i know jayne will find this in a few hours and it'll be like finding a note tucked into a book somewhere)

i love you. starting to wish i wasn't going. that's not true, i started to wish i wasn't going many hours ago. i'll miss you and this silly blog. do you think they have internet in kansas city?

as ever, j.

Zach and Codi said...

You are adorable! I'll make you a deal... IF you decide to truly get on FB, and IF you decide you would like to befriend some people, and IF you decide one of those people might be me.... I won't require any witty comments on my FB page at all. You don't even have to go to it if you don't want to. Or, you could go on to it and make fun of me all you want. Which ever you prefer. Sound like a deal?

Kim said...

Jayne, it's official. You have THE best husband. How sweet that he writes love notes on your blog for all to see.

megan said...

Jayne, Jayne, Jayne.

Google Reader, Reader, Reader.

Really.

megan said...

P.S. You can certainly skip over mine! :)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Enjoyed reading you post....you are terrific....great husband!

Lori said...

Total bragger! 100 friends!!!!

Lisa said...

YOU CRACK ME UP!!!
AND YOURS IS ONE OF MY FAV'S

HUGS FROM MAINE

Lisa said...

I am a random person that found your blog through someone's blog... the world is small. This is a GREAT post because I too feel the same. My husband always tells me that my blog is NOT top priority but in my head, I want to post, get up a picture (or 2) while NOBODY is requesting it. too funny! I quoted you on my blog once too... Just thought I'd send a little note to let you know I feel the same!