Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Go Team!

Can we make a pact?  I mean, just between you and me, human friend to human friend (the last pact I tried to make with the raccoons in my chimney ended up in a lot of banging and yelling, and a little ammonia--they just didn't keep their end of the deal).  There are just a few things I think maybe we'd all be better without.  Can't we make an agreement to get rid of these things?



1.  Treats at children's sports games
And heaven knows it's not because I don't like treats (have you read my blog bio?).  I love treats, and believe they make the world a happier place.  The problem is, Julian loves treats too.  And George, and Hazel.  So when Parley gets his Capri Sun and package of little doughnuts or granola bar, I have to hear crying and whining the whole way home.  It has become such an expectation for the kids that when a parent forgets to bring the treat, the crying seems worse than if the family pet died.  The sport is the least important thing to the kids.  I'm pretty sure I pay the $40 playing fee just for the Capri Sun and Fruit Snack at the end.

2.  and while we're on sports, Sports Team Pictures
Can you tell I just got home from Parley's basketball game? I know it must be a big money maker for someone with a decent camera, but team pictures?  I can't get the kids on Parley's team to pass the ball to him, so I don't really care if he has a photo with them.  And If I did, I'd bring a camera to take it. Today we marched from the gym to the grass outside and waited for our team's turn (giant line) for them to step on the risers for a shot.  In my brain I yelled, "boo."

3.  Political Posts on Facebook
So you're political.  You can't wait to vote.  You think your candidate is the handsomest.  He also dominated at the debate.  He is definitely the one to change the world.  You'll likely make millions during his years in office.  He'd for sure give a more amazing back rub than that other guy.  Really really amazing.  Likely with special oils and candles.  You'd probably look amazing getting that back rub too. You must post about it on Facebook. But wait!  Don't!  Just show us your dinner and kids instead!

4.  Jerks
Jerks are the worst.

5.  The jayniemoon banner
Isn't that like 5 years old?  And I swear she still has the spring looking banner up.  What's the deal with that?  Doesn't her husband design stuff sometimes?  Like for work?  Lame.


So, it's a deal then.

Remember this pact?  Still keeping strong here. You?

5 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

1. Parents provide snacks for our soccer games and they are asked to provide a little extra for younger siblings. problem solved. (P.S. I'm moving to Provo just for the soccer fee)

2. We only buy a team photo once a year, not once a season. They go up in the playroom :)

3. AGREE

4. AGREE x10!! Especially jerk drivers.

5. It's still really pretty :)

Lisa/Mom said...

Jayne you're awesome and funny! I hated the whole treat thing and photos and orange slices thing too! How about the kids who say " can I take one for my little brother?" And they probably don't even have a little brother. Parley could try asking for treats for each of his siblings. His freckles are so cute it might work.
I hated my one and only commercial massage! :) And I've heard that the world is going to fall apart if my candidate wins. Hehe!

bethanne said...

So get this, in the city next to us they started having catered snacks/dinner and cocktails for the parents! What the heck? As for the political posts, oh wow..... those and the crazy emails from aunt so and so warning you of the impending end of the world.

You're funny Jayne. Sanity is so hard to come by these days.

bethanne said...

So get this, in the city next to us they started having catered snacks/dinner and cocktails for the parents! What the heck? As for the political posts, oh wow..... those and the crazy emails from aunt so and so warning you of the impending end of the world.

You're funny Jayne. Sanity is so hard to come by these days.

Hannah S said...

LOL....I agree. One nice thing about moving up to SLC is that Samuel's baseball team didn't give out treats or snacks...and he didn't miss it! And I agree about the not having enough or when a parent forgets...once we brought donuts for our own family and ate them during the game....and the treat lady forgot theirs and the kids ran to us because they saw our krispy kreme box...empty. That went over well.