Friday, November 09, 2012

Five

Jed and I sat down to dinner with the kids last week with the intention of telling them something important.
                                        

Jed: Mom and I are going to tell you something about our family.  I'll give you three guesses what it is, and if you get it right, I'll get you a Slurpee.  If you don't get it right, I might get you a Slurpee.  Parley, you guess first.
Parley:  We have to clean the basement?
Jed:  Uh, no.  Hazel, your turn.  Think about something that might affect our family that mom and I might want to tell you.
Hazel: (looking around, hesitating, doubting)  Uh, mom's going to have a baby?
Julian: (interrupting and laughing) NO!  We already have a baby!
Jed:  Well, Hazel is right. Hazel just earned you guys a Slurpee.  Mom is going to have a baby!

Parley: Why?
Jed: Just because.

Silence.

Jayne: So is anyone excited?
Hazel: I am.
Julian: I am.
Parley:  Uh, 75%.

16 comments:

Kayli said...

That in all truth made me laugh out loud.

Janssen said...

Congratulations!!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

75%, love it :) Congratulations!! I really need to fit a visit in the next time we're in Utah. It's been way too long.

Kimba said...

an adventure! congrats! :) 75%, hilarious.

Shana said...

I thought it was a new kitten. Congratulations! 100% excited here :).

Zach and Codi said...

That Parley is a hoot! Congratulations you guys! Another adorable Wells coming to the world!! HOORAY!

Anonymous said...

I love your sweet family. Congratulations!

Tamsin North said...

I am!

Jenni said...

I love this!!! Congrats... And welcome to the five club!

Jenni said...

I love this!!! Congrats... And welcome to the five club!

Unknown said...

What a fun way to tell the world! Congrats! Wow, 5!!

Jen said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you! There is nothing better. I am feeling the itch as mine are approaching the year mark. I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Just promise the world you wont let Kate name it! Yours are "unique" but hers are laughable. Xoxox J

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

jayne,
I am so happy. I usually look at your blog to see if you update and I didn't for a few days and I missed this exciting NEWS!!!!
I feel stupid because you told me at church and I wish I could have said something to you first.
I am so happy for you guys.

Mrs. Cropper said...

Jayne! Congratulations! I am 100% excited for you and hope you are feeling OK! Wish I were 2 doors down to lend a hand :(

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/pengertian-amortisasi-pinjaman