Often times Entertainment Weekly, Jed's favorite magazine, has a small section that gives an entertainer the opportunity to give his/her pick for 12 super CDs . I have always wondered what I'd choose when my turn came up. Over time, I decided what I might suggest to the world and since there have been no signs that point to EW asking me to publish my picks, I've decided to let the list out.
Jayne's picks for 12 Super CDs (in no particular order):
12. Ben Folds Rockin' the Suburbs
11. Hem Rabbit Songs
10. Hem Eveningland (Yikes! Two from one artist?)
9. Sting Brand New Day (Jed says the rule is no greatest hits) otherwise, Fields of Gold
8. Shawn Covin A Few Small Repairs
7. Rufus Wainwright Want One
6. Indigo Girls Swamp Ophelia
5. Radiohead OK Computer
4. David Gray Life in Slow Motion
3. Keane Under the Iron Sea
2. Midlake The Trials of Van Occupanther
1. Josh Rouse Subtitulo
It is hard to narrow it down to just 12, but as for liking a complete album, like 85-100% , these are good choices. Coldplay's Rush of Blood to the Head is another I really like. And before Dave Matthews Band came out with it's 29th live album and 300th dumb album, I listened to Crash a lot. I got tired of Sarah Mclachlan's weird popularity, but really do love Surfacing. So sue me, I've added a few more.
What would your list look like?